Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Who Can I Sue" Website? How About "Please Just Go Away.Com?"

I recently heard a TV interview with someone promoting a new website called "WhoCanISue.com." Apparently you can write or call the site, explain what happened, and some lawyer will let you know if you have a claim. But as I understand the site, participating lawyers will pay $1,000 per month to answer questions about potential lawsuits.

Certain adjectives came to mind when I heard about this site and did some research. They include "garbage," "shameless," and "embarrasing" (and I'm keeping it clean here). What competent, self respecting, knowledgeable attorney who handles personal injury cases would actually PAY MONEY to be affiliated with this nonsense?

With the advent of the Internet, there are many ways to search for answers to legal questions that people might have, without resorting to cartoonish websites like this one. It's so over the top that it makes me wonder who's really behind this idea. It wouldn't suprise me if it's a set up for bashing trial lawyers and making us all look like fools. And sites like this are EXACTLY why we trial lawyers who think this is embarrasing, and don't resort to this crap, need to expose these sites for what they really are.

I suppose this site is good for one thing: if you consult with an attorney about a possible legal claim, I'd ask him or her: "Are you a participating member of "WhocanIsue.com?" if the answer is yes, consider the advice given to Forrest Gump, and run like hell...

(visit our website at www.n-wlaw.com)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

decoquarthanks for that. i was thinking of giving them a call. should have know better to call from a billboard poster.

Rich w

Brian said...

Rich:
You're welcome. My thoughts on this are strictly my own, but I can only guess that sites like this are more business generating than informational. I could be wrong, but it's just my take on it.
If I were looking for an attorney/had an Internet question I would look first and foremost for firms and attorneys providing answers to questions that consumers have.

Anonymous said...

This site is a world of greatness it helped me to achieve the goal of finding an attorney to help me in my situation. I give the site a large thumbs up. there is a lot of information I recieved on the site that I would have not recieved if I let some gatekeeper at a desk and tired form the long day give me. I am a satisfied customer