Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sometimes We're Not So Smart..................

Levity is a good thing. Lest we take ourselves too seriously, the following excerpts are actual (and hilarious) examples of not so stellar lawyer questioning taken from actual testimony. Sometimes during the heat of battle we’ve all been guilty of asking a wordy or vague question, but THESE ONES need to be taken out and shot. Enjoy!


1. Q: I show you exhibit 3 and ask you if you recognize that picture?
A: That's me.
Q: Were you present when that picture was taken?


2. Q: What happened then?
A: He told me, he says, 'I have to kill you because you can identify me.'
Q: Did he kill you?




3. Q: She had three children, right?
A: Yes.
Q: How many were boys?
A: None.
Q: Were there girls?


4. Q: And lastly, Gary, all your responses must be oral, OK?
A: Oral.
Q: How old are you?
A: Oral.



And my personal favorite is…

5. Q: You say that the stairs went down to the basement?
A: Yes.
Q: And these stairs, did they go up also?

My guess is that I'll be able to find a few more of these.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Thanks for the laughs, Brian!